I won't escape this circle

It's not that I can't. Of course I can. You can too.

But I won't. What about you?

I want to tell you that it is all up to you. You're walking this path, you chose this path, you can start anew if you want. You just need to want it hard enough.

And if you don't want to, you might ask? That's your call. I'm sure you're old enough to call your own shots. At least, you must think so and it's why you are where you are.

I want to tell you that we are truly masters of our own fate. We may not be the ones who'd written it, but we are the ones living it. It is up to us how we take it. It is up to us what we make of it.

I want to tell you all these things so you would understand, but you and I both know that you don't need telling. You've always known. Probably have already accepted it.

But here you are, huh? In this hell-hole of your own making. And it is too familiar to leave. It's not that you're afraid of change, it's just that the point of it doesn't matter very much to you at all.

This is enough for you. Let's stay here. It is so easy here.

No, don't tell me it is hard to take the pain, because it is not. It's the easiest thing to do in this life, taking the pain. If it weren't, you would never have chosen to stay like this. You would have gotten out there, you would have picked yourself up and staunched the bleeding and go on to ease suffering everywhere. Now that is the actual hard thing to do.

I'll leave you here, now, where you've chosen to stay.

I, too, shall stay where I am.

In my hatred of everything for no fathomable reason.

I am calm, uncaring, disconnected, and in dire need of help. I know this. I know I always need to be seeking help.

But I am tired now. I'm the lotus eater - I was not built to make anything of my capabilities and opportunities.

I shall seek no help and will hence receive none.

This is what I've chosen for me. To rot in this way. And then continue taking pain. Probably for all of eternity.

There are names you could call people like me. Yes, people like me. There are many of us all around the world and throughout human history - people in need of help who do not receive any and it's not because of the unkindness of others.

People who refuse to try at all. The biggest pity parties.

People like you and me.

Comments

Unknown said…
May Allah guide us through this and inspire us to find enough desire to accomplish what we seek.
drifter said…
Thank you, sister :'(