Fanarts and Dogs
Must. resist. urge. to draw. Browsing deviantART for Sandman fanarts was a bad idea. Now all I want to do is draw something of the Endless. Oh God help me.
Fear not. I haven't yet pictured the drawing, which is my usual first step ('duh). Also, I spent 20 minutes memorising for tomorrow's tasmi' session.
lol yes, 20 minutes. I'm gonna die.
Anyway. I ignored the little voice in my head that told me not to go back to sleep after Subuh and did just that: I went right back to sleep. As punishment, I only managed to return to the waking world at 3pm. Which extends to mean I may not get an early night.
After sleeping for that long I had to deprive myself of decent lunch.
And 3-in-1's.
Oh I am so ready for this semester to end. I want to go home and eat putu~ With fish. And pepper. Oh God have mercy.
Also, I want a shaggy black dog. Like the one in that one episode of "The Dog Whisperer" or something on National Geographic (or was it Discovery Channel?). Oh shaggy dog~ =3=
Yes, dogs and swine share the top-most rank of things Muslims should avoid any contact with. Or are they? I mean, would it be a sin to befriend one?
I don't claim to be an expert in this matter. All I know is, it is Haram, and indeed a sin, to eat of their flesh, or any part of them. In other words, they are not for eating. And anything (the floor, clothing, carpeting, etc.) they come in contact with (and that too only if they aren't dry when they did touch the things) must be cleansed in a certain way before it may be used in prayers.
Briefly on that certain way of cleansing: they must be rinsed seven times with pure water, one of which is mixed with a bit of Earth.
That's really the only reason Muslims tend to not keep one as pet. All the washing I'm gonna have to do so often if I did get one.
But how come then there's this misunderstanding that it would be sinful to come in contact with one?
Other animals I want to keep as pets include: cats ('duh), tigers, wolves, crocodiles, owls, turtles, pythons, cats, have I said cats?, and fish. Oh, and rabbits.
Fear not. I haven't yet pictured the drawing, which is my usual first step ('duh). Also, I spent 20 minutes memorising for tomorrow's tasmi' session.
lol yes, 20 minutes. I'm gonna die.
Anyway. I ignored the little voice in my head that told me not to go back to sleep after Subuh and did just that: I went right back to sleep. As punishment, I only managed to return to the waking world at 3pm. Which extends to mean I may not get an early night.
After sleeping for that long I had to deprive myself of decent lunch.
| Seeing as the term is closing, I thought I should finish my stock of instant noodles. |
And 3-in-1's.
Oh I am so ready for this semester to end. I want to go home and eat putu~ With fish. And pepper. Oh God have mercy.
Also, I want a shaggy black dog. Like the one in that one episode of "The Dog Whisperer" or something on National Geographic (or was it Discovery Channel?). Oh shaggy dog~ =3=
Yes, dogs and swine share the top-most rank of things Muslims should avoid any contact with. Or are they? I mean, would it be a sin to befriend one?
I don't claim to be an expert in this matter. All I know is, it is Haram, and indeed a sin, to eat of their flesh, or any part of them. In other words, they are not for eating. And anything (the floor, clothing, carpeting, etc.) they come in contact with (and that too only if they aren't dry when they did touch the things) must be cleansed in a certain way before it may be used in prayers.
Briefly on that certain way of cleansing: they must be rinsed seven times with pure water, one of which is mixed with a bit of Earth.
That's really the only reason Muslims tend to not keep one as pet. All the washing I'm gonna have to do so often if I did get one.
But how come then there's this misunderstanding that it would be sinful to come in contact with one?
![]() |
| And how do I resist this pack of cuteness? |
![]() |
| Or this? |
![]() |
| Look at those eyes. Look at them. |
Other animals I want to keep as pets include: cats ('duh), tigers, wolves, crocodiles, owls, turtles, pythons, cats, have I said cats?, and fish. Oh, and rabbits.
![]() |
| Have I mentioned pythons? (Yes, this is a picture of me, okay.) |





Comments