Evading sleep

I wonder if people evade sleep because they also think there aren't enough hours to a day?

Meh. I'm just ungrateful like that; there isn't enough time, it's moving too fast, too slow, not fast enough, but really Time is the one doing his job right i.e. proceed and let nothing stand in your way.

Right now, I really really must go to sleep. But, dammit, why can't the bed look as inviting as it would in the morning? OTL

We're done with one assignment, only one more left. Having survived that, I just don't feel like doing anything at all for the time being. Oh, dear old Time.

I finally finished watching the 3rd season of Merlin, save the 11th episode (God forbid, broken files might just bring about my demise one day). I was rather appalled to find that the series hasn't ended yet. Like, could they at least start the episodes with a new opening already? Merlin doesn't look like "a young boy" at all now. And now I'm bound to spend the rest of this semester and the one after in angst because I want to follow a damn TV series.

I really must go to bed now. This wasn't what I was agitated about. In fact I can't remember at all what it was.

Hang on, I've got it: the lights are on.

I cannot sleep with any lights on. Not without complete exhaustion to aid me. But godfuckingdamnit why do I always get to be roommates with people who could do with so little sleep? Why are they all still awake? It's 2 in the bloody morning. It's always 2 in the morning when I go to sleep lately. I didn't always want to stay up late. In fact I used to insist a bedtime on myself. I used to grant myself like 10 hours of sleep everyday, without sleeping in the next day. Without afternoon naps even. Fuck, not even a little 5-minute power nap.

Just how badly could lack of proper sleep affect one? I dunno, but right now I'm so sleepy I want to die.

Comments