A long-coveted post

Having left behind my teenage years, I set forth for the next 4 years of my young adult life as a student at one considerably prestigious university some 2000km from my place of birth, and that was the first time I came to live anywhere outside of my place of birth. To celebrate, I decided to stop posting rambles of unjustifiable depression on my old blog [link].

But after a few weeks of virtual silence, I had to realise and accept the simple truth that I am not creative enough to channel whatever I keep inside into any other form of self-expression than sophomoric blog posts such as this one.

Hence, this new blog.

I currently have two web-browser windows open: this one where I'm typing up this rambling, and another where I'm going to copy-paste from to finish up my part of a group assignment which is due this coming Wednesday. You see, I can't even bring myself to do that. I mean, it's just copy and paste for goodness' sakes.

They say first-years have it easy, and I don't doubt and do greatly fear that they are absolutely right; in the future, my schedule and tasks will really make my life a living Hell, and my carefree (read: diabolically indifferent) attitude, which shows not even the smallest sign of changing for the better, is going to worsen that and make my afterlife Hell.

The aforementioned group assignment concerns Islamic eschatology, which is all about Qiamat Kubra a.k.a End of Days, Judgement Day, Armageddon, Apocalypse, etc.; and I have My Chemical Romance's "I Never Told You What I Do For a Living" playing on Winamp. So, naturally, I simply cannot make any progress with my actual task.

Even though it is just copy and paste.

I know, I know. It's plagiarism. But, only if you copy-paste from a single source. Muahaha.

Because I must copy-paste from several different sources, and then amend them so they sound like they are my own words, so that my mind is at ease about the crime I'm going to do, I can't help but procrastinate.

Also.

Earlier in the term, I joined the IIUM Facilitator Team and ended up on the Special Task force of the organising committee of an event to be held sometime in the near future. The fact that that is all I can say about this is enough manifestation of how negligible my involvement in the whole business is. Ultimately, I am obliged to join the Special Task force on an outing tomorrow to hunt down hampers and whatever else we may be needing. So that's less time to waste.

For any sane man, that should be reason enough to get on with the task at hand. Alas, I am not "any sane man". I'm not even proud of it.

Moving on.

I spent all of yesterday - literally, all of yesterday - watching the TV series "Merlin". I did not watch it on the telly obviously, because I don't have one; I simply copied them from my friend's external hard-drive, who copied from her friend, and so on and so forth (yes, we here are shameless when it comes to breaking copyright laws. Or any law, really). And owing to whatever it is, ideas or doctrine or teaching or affinity or any other, that has been "made innate" in my head from watching Japanese gay porn shounen-ai's, I totally made the completely platonic relationship between Merlin and Arthur into a romantic one. Well, least it helps that I already accept that I'm messed up in the head.

But dammit I want to see them make out just once, please.

One would think having been part of the Islamic International University Malaysia Kuantan community, I would be over all these sinful little pleasures already. Sadly, I have not. Maybe if I can be consistent in investing in my afterlife, I would make it possible. If.

I've now come to the end of this post. I can regrettably conclude then that I have not changed at all since the days of Our Asylum. Nope, still not proud of it.

Comments